I'm such a lame blogger. I realize I probably blog about the most boring things. Yet, if I didn't I wouldn't be such an intriguing person, right?!! Right. Pictures of my funny duddy named pies, like P'nutty (which Curt ended up eating each last creamy dreamy morsel of!), meatballs & sweet & sour sauce and those oh so interesting blog statistics pictures!!! Also, I find the most important news in the world this past week extremely humbling. I heard Brian Williams say there will possibly be more deaths in Haiti from the Earthquake than there was from 9.11. It's hard for me to hear and see the news on Haiti, because I can not stand to see the suffering, pain, and loss of the Haitians. I feel humbled and blessed when I think of my woes and worries. They seem so small when the worst Earthquake in History is put front and center on the news everyday. My small tribulations are easily forgotten and I'm quickly reminded of my blessings because I'm not homeless, and I have not had limbs amputated from being stuck underneath concrete buildings for days and days. Those poor souls in Haiti. It's so hard to see the suffering just on the news. It brings about that feeling of emptiness. I can not imagine experiencing what has happened there in person.....
Well, on a much lighter note I never posted about our Christmas! We had a VERY VERY relaxing holiday and it was simply the best! My boys got lots of gifts from Santa, Mom & Dad, Gma & Gpa Noble and from cousins and friends. We feel so blessed to have such a strong support system of wonderful family members and amazing friends. We opened presents Christmas morning, relaxed all day long and had an enjoyable dinner over at our friends, The Bowdens. We always enjoy their company! First thing out of Cache's mouth Christmas morning was, "Let's see if Santa ate his cookies?!!!!" Sure enough, Santa gobbled them up! Cache was so happy and appreciative that Santa came to his house and brought him his train and train tracks (Cars GeoTrax)! He was a happy boy. Little Casey Bear got so many presents and new outfits (from Gma&Gpa) that he didn't know what to do with! ;) Christmas was very exciting for me this year, since I now have two very precious little boys to celebrate with. I'm grateful Curt's parents were able to make the visit out to help them feel the Christmas Spirit during the Holiday season. They love them so much! Cache was really into knowing who Santa is and that he brings toys.... I hope as my boys grow they will realize all the gifts the Savior gives to them on a daily basis in their lives. I love that part of being a mother. Seeing my boys learn and discover the things that bring them joy! I hope as they grow and come to know Him personally, they will seek and find ways to share that joy with others in their lives. I love you Cache and Casen. I'm so grateful you guys are my boys! I love you both so much.
BLOCKS!!! Cache LOVES his legos! He's been playing with them all day everyday. We play legos with him all the time.... sad part is I'm not as imaginative as Cache and I have a hard time building all of his requests! I'm amazed at all the things Curt has come up with. I need to practice with those legos myself.
Cache and Casen got matching handmade hats from their Auntie Morgan! They are super cute and Cache always asks to wear "Aunt Morgan's hat"! Thanks for all your wonderful handmade gifts Morgie!!
Curt took Cache one Saturday morning in December to get some gifts for me. They had a fun time Curt said. Curt took him to McDonald's and got him a chocolate shake, and then to Aspen Grove. Curt was really sweet and got me a pretty sweater from White House Black Market. Curt always admits that gift shopping is hard for him, and I know it is! I know he puts a lot of thought into my gifts, and I always hope he knows that I don't really care what gifts I get. Seriously, my heart is FULL that I have such a happy little family to spend EVERY holiday with. Those are my gifts! Curt did pick out some great gifts for me this year... new blue Costco towels (very very SOFT!), new toothbrush heads for my sonicare toothbrush, a black activewear outfit from Old Navy, a pair of sexy black boots from Target to wear to church, and a gift basket of my new FAVORITE scent Twilight Woods from Bath and Body Works. I am obsessed with it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Curt does too.... He's always telling me how yummy I smell. :) I also got some really cute home decor gifts from my Brother and sister in law. I love them.
Casen and all his Christmas loot! I have to mention that Casen probably looks taller than he actually is. Curt and I got Casen a bunch of these fleece sleepers from Target in December. We bought him all size 9m, even though the 6m would have fit him better in length. I figure I could get more use out of them since most likely he'll be wearing them throughout the winter months which is like March/April here! Anyways, his cute short, chunky legs end right before the actual footed part of the pj's! He has the shortest little legs. My boys are SO OPPOSITE! Cache has the LONGEST SKINNIEST LEGS I have ever seen on a kid his age! (Wearing some size 4T before his 3rd birthday!) Casen has the SHORTEST CHUNKIEST LEGS! He's a solid thick little guy. My boys are so different. They are both so special to me!! Cache is my skinny boy and Casen is my little chunker!! Love THEM!
Christmas 2009
1 comments:
We are so blessed! Your blog isn't lame. I love reading about food and your other thoughts. Although it does make me hungry a lot... :) Glad you had a good Christmas Jen. Cache's hair is getting so long!!
Sweet Thoughts Left