Sunday, November 08, 2009

Whipple Weekend!!!

Roni, Roni. One of my most favorite girls ever. One of my very best friends over the past decade. As Roni said, "Wow, I can't believe it's already been 10 years. Maybe we should have a party." :) That's not exactly what we were talking about at the time.... BUT I think our friendship is definitely worth a party! Cheesy, but true. :) Maybe next time Ron?! We make a cake to celebrate our friendship. To us!! ;) ;) hahaha. Since we were 17, most of my memories with this girl are of us laughing together. You can tell just by looking at the pictures we've taken together over the last 10 years. In every single one, you can tell that we are either laughing or that our faces look like they hurt from laughing so much. As a matter of fact, we got some pictures like that today. I sure love Roni. She's been a great friend to have over the years. We were just remembering when my neon got stolen and when we went to pick it up after it had been recovered. The first thing we checked when we got to it, was if the cheap cornell dishes were still in the trunk. We were only 19. :) And we both remembered what the guy said to us. We said it at the same time tonight. "You girls didn't even look to see if the ignition was still there!" I LOVE our memories together. She's one of those one of a kind friends. Where every time we get together, we are just having fun and making memories. I'm sure this time we'll look back on it decades from now and we will laugh. About just how much I loved that headband. More like how many pictures I took of myself wearing it. ;) And how much I still love that turquoise bracelet! ;) Thanks Roni for the great friendship over the years! You are truly one of a kind!
It may not look like much. 
But this my friends, is a Good Times pumpkin pie cheesecake frozen custard spoonbender. 
Got that?
Good Times are meant to be shared.
And that's exactly what we did.
Thanks Roni, Kelsie, and Dave. :)
It's love at first bite. Pumpkin Pie spice blended with cheesecake chunks. (I knew it would be so delicious. My favorite spoonbender is the strawberry cheesecake. They don't fool around at Good Times. They load their custard with oodles of cheesecake chunks. Yes, CHUNKS. Yum.) 
These girls are way too much fun. 
They have the best laughs and are so much fun to laugh with! Even Casen thought so!  Kelsie is such a fun girl. She's quite the fashionista and has a great sense of style too. (Just like her sis.) I loved her beanie. She's going on a mission next month! She is impressive in all aspects! I love her attitude and energy. She's going to be an awesome missionary. I can already tell.... it's really in her heart! 
Kelsie made a snow angel. I think it turned out pretty perfect. I'm pretty sure she had a lot of fun doing it too.  The cute couple.  Pictures of my doo. Okay, the headband. It's just so cute.  Roni gave me this little treasure as a gift. It's so beautiful. I'm in love with it's splash of color. I told Roni I will think of her every time I wear it.... the wonderful friend she is.  These girls came prepared for the "tundra" as they call it. :) Too bad all the snow melted.  They still were the cutest eskimos around though. :) I took some self portraits of my new darling headband.... okay more than just once. Thanks Roni. I lOve it. (It's my new favorite accessory. :))  Okay So... This weekend, I got a visit from this girl:
My BFF from Mesa, Roni Lyn Whipple!
And her boyfriend:
Dave. Gosh, Aren't they CUTE?!!!!
And her sister:
Kelsie. Isn't she so cute too?!!!
I had SO MUCH FUN visiting with these 3 people this weekend! Cache did too! He called them "friends" all weekend, because I had told Cache "mommy's friends" are coming to visit and stay at our house. Cache loves having house guests as much as I do. He beckoned his friends all weekend to "Come On!", "Let's play toys!", "You come with us?!", "K, Come on friends!". The sweetest thing Cache said all weekend was when they were heading out the door to the airport, "You come back and visit my home again?" Awwww, Cache sure loves his new friends. Roni, Kelsie, and Dave were so great with Cache! Cache warmed up to them just moments after they walked in the door, and was their little best friend until it was time for them to head home. I loved having their company and visiting with them. On Saturday, Curt went to the BYU football game in Laramie, WY with his buddy Brock. The rest of us went for a stroll around Aspen Grove and for a little shopping. Then we headed home ate lunch and they headed to their concert downtown to see Regina Spektor. We went to Roxborough State Park Sunday afternoon and had so much fun taking pictures. It was so great to see Roni, her sister, and to meet her boyfriend. It was such a FUN weekend. I wish Roni and I could visit more often. She's just so fun, and I'm so grateful to have her as one of my very best friends.
I love the Whipples. They are such a great family and there's always plenty of laughter to go around when you are with them! They are such FUN FUN people! (Little Fashionistas too I might add. ;)) Love them! Thanks for visiting and please come back anytime. Most preferably, Soon! :)

4 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Aw, it looks like you all had fun. And YES Roni is one of the funniest, spunkiest, nicest people I know. And she looks super cute with her man - candy ; )

Emily Widdison said...

awwwww what a fun visit! I ran into Roni when I was in Az. She is such a cute gal! Looks like she found a cute man too! Cute fun pics of everyone! I'm going to update soon...LOTS and LOST of pics...but I'm still unpacking and teaching preschool at my house this week and then music class and then...just thinking about this weeks makes me tired...and my head hurt.

mad white woman said...

Roni is cute, Kelsie is cute, your headband is cute. CUTE. :)

Thanks for chatting tonight, love you.

Roni said...

JB! You are one of my bestest! I'm so so glad I was able to come up and spend some time with you and Curt and your babies. I love your family so so much!!! And I'm so glad you were able to get to know Dave and spend some time with my sister too! You are amazing, really you are! I love all the pictures too! Email me the ones from your camera :) Cute cute headband and bracelet!!! I love you and I will definitely be up sooner then later!