Thursday, September 24, 2009

Try it, you'll like it

I've made some new recipes for dinners lately. They've all been really good, so I'd thought I'd share. I 'm always on the lookout for new simple easy recipes that I can make with things I already have in my kitchen. So, if I don't have some things the recipe calls for, I just leave it out and hope for the best it will still taste fine! ;) (As long as it's not a key ingredient:) 

Honey Glazed Chicken. I left out the pepper flakes, because of course I didn't have any. I had fresh orange juice on hand so that's what I used. I thought it was deliciously sweet. I could totally taste the honey and the orange juice in the chicken. Delicious. 
Delicious, Creamy Mashed Potatoes(I have to say I was shocked when I first saw the box of Philly Cream Cheese as the secret-key ingredient in the Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes. She's right though. She knows of what she speaks. -I had a 5 lb. bag of yukon golds, and it worked out perfectly to have so many mashed potatoes for the meal below as well.)
(we made quesadillas with the leftovers.)
Tonight, I made Beef & Bean Chimichangas. Let me tell you, I was IMPRESSED. SO GOOD. SO DELICIOUS. AND JUST TOO EASY. I was so happy it was so good, because I had made a batch of chimis for the freezer too and had a little bit of the beef & bean mix leftover that I just threw in a bag to freeze as well. I didn't double the recipe and I was able to make 4 chimichangas for dinner, make 4 to freeze for a meal later, and a little bit of mix left over too. I love recipes that makes so much food! I left out the chili powder and green peppers because I didn't have any. It didn't matter. I thought this meal was so delicious. I am going to be making these chimichangas all the time.
Here's some new recipes I'm looking forward to making this weekend:
And soon
Apple Smothered Pork Chops (sounds interesting!)

3 comments:

mad white woman said...

I keep forgetting your blog is private and I don't check it! Shame on me... :)

Anyway, Happy Anniversary on the 11th (right?), your boys are both getting cuter and cuter and thanks for the new recipe ideas. I made pork chops once with applesauce and they were delicious.

Kami Milliron said...

I am going to have to try these recipes, they sound delicious. And anything that is done in a Crock Pot is what I love - easy preparation and easy clean up !

I am attempting a BBQ Meat Loaf this weekend. I saw it on Paula Deen and it looked SO good. If it works out, I will post the recipe.

Emily Widdison said...

Wow, yummymeals to try, thanks!
That chimi one keeps timing out on me so I haven't been able to view it...will you send it to me?
thanks!
Cute recent pics of Casen