Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Everyday Moments

Our Cache is getting so big. He is speaking so clearly and in complete sentences. The other night we were all at the dinner table and Cache said to Curt, "Are you done yet?" He's getting to be such a big boy.- He's officially wearing size 3T shirts now!
Casey has been scratching his head a lot lately. He doesn't even have nails and he scratches up his little head all the time! As I was getting ready yesterday, Casey was chilling in his swing. I go over to him and see all of his "wounds". I almost cried it made me so sad to see his scratched up head. He didn't even cry, but I almost did for him. I had to put newborn mittens on him. I'm always having to put Aveeno baby cream on his head. I have to put it on at least twice a day, because his little head is so so dry. Both of my babies have had dry skin... It's gotta be the Colorado air. It's so dry here.
Cache had his skinny little diaper bum hanging out of his sagging pants. His pants have been falling off him since day one. Even with the adjustable waistbands. Casen doesn't seem to share that same problem. :) 
When Casey was on the floor getting in some tummy time, Cache went over to read him a book. I quickly got up and got my camera. So glad Cache let me capture these sweet moments between them. 
Cache loves Casen so much. Whenever he accidentally bonks Casen or something like that, Cache quickly says, "I sorry, Casen. I sorry." He really means it too. We can hear the worry in Cache's voice and see the concern in his sweet face. Every day Cache laughs and says to me, "Casen make me laugh, Mom. Casen funny, Mom." Cache kisses Casen goodnight on the head before he heads up the stairs for bedtime and says, "Yuv you Casen". I'm so glad my boys have each other. It's my hope that they will become lifelong best friends.
I feel so lucky when I look at baby pictures of my boys side by side like this. Casen wasn't up for smiling for me when I took this picture. Looks like my boys have similar smiles though. 
In our front yard, There's a family of bunnies that live in a burrow that's beneath the concrete steps on our front porch. When we came home from church on Sunday I spotted the bunny in the front yard eating away at our dead patch of grass in our lawn!!! Those bunnies! I often see the bunnies in our backyard too. I'm not feeding them anything. Well I haven't offered the bunnies any of our food yet..... but, I'm thinking I might start buying/leaving carrots and heads of lettuce in my lawn (sure the neighbors will love that:) for the bunnies. Maybe then they'll stop eating our lawn and the dead patch of grass can grow back. Oh, well it's going to be winter soon anyways. 
-This is a really SHORT video of the bunny. Sorry if it makes you a little dizzy. Think of all the wonderful things you get to catch a glimpse of though... The bunny, our lawn, the houses across the street, the mountains, curt's tie, the garage floor and my left shoe. I thought I was taking a picture. Me: "It's on recording, UGH, it's on recording." Curt: "When you run, they run." (talking about the bunnies) I'm sure you can hear Cache in the background. :) I laughed and laughed when I played this. It's totally our life. Me, saying "Ugh." Curt being patient and helping me, and Cache hollering in the background. I love our life. :)

1 comments:

Jennie said...

That's a funny video. Made me smile!

I love the smile comparison, I can definitely see the resemblance. Cache is so sweet with his baby bro, I love it!

And I love the montage of waking up Casen, he goes right to smiling, what a happy boy!