Sunday, August 09, 2009
Peanut Butter Fingers
Here's my peanut butter fingers recipe. Our family just recently had these at the family reunion and wanted the recipe for them. They are DELICIOUS!!!! Mmmm, I have to make them this week after just having them and typing out the recipe! They are like cookie bars with chocolate and peanut butter frosting! You'll want to eat at least two at once! I've made this recipe a few times and they are great. I've doubled the recipe and baked them on a cookie sheet, and it's so great that way too! I just let the chocolate chips melt and spread them out, then when they harden I put the peanut butter icing on top! They are delicious, so let me know if you try the recipe and love them too!
Peanut Butter Fingers
(from the kitchen of Jen Noble)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 package chocolate chips
cream butter, sugar, and eggs. add peanut butter. sift dry ingredients and add oatmeal. mix together, press into
9 x 13 cake pan (double recipe for cookie sheet). bake 350 for 20 minutes. remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. let them melt and spread chips with a knife. cool and frost with peanut butter frosting.
baking tip: when you bake it don't let it get light brown cuz then it will be hard once it cools, it may still look a little doughy but thats when you should take it out because then it will be perfect. and i always take a knife when they are fresh out of the oven and before i put the chocolate chips on, and press down all the crust with the knife and then pour the chips on so the there isn't a crust.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
3 1/2 TBSP. milk
cream together and frost.
Eat and Enjoy!!
Posted by JLynn at Sunday, August 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
are these the ones they used to have for school lunches? I loved those.
I'm so glad you're alive!! I was so worried about you because you haven't updated your blog in so long. I'm glad you were able to have an extended family vacation and for Curt's new job! What a blessing! I know it will be hard to only have 1 car and deal with picking up Curt, but what a blessing that his job is only 17 miles away and for the same salary (and not less).
Casen is getting so BIG and so cute and smiley!
Sweet Thoughts Left