(Here's a video of me talking to my baby. I think it's pretty darn cute myself..... of course! Consider that your warning though.....:)
It seems all I blog about these days is Casen and my grocery bills!!! It's hard to get pictures of my sweet Cache these days! Here he is telling me, "No, No, Mom!".
But at least I got this one first!
Cache got sick a couple weeks ago. It was about a week after we got home from vacation, so I have no idea how he got sick. Kids are just little germ magnets, no matter how many times we help him wash his hands! He had a classic case of Roseola. I diagnosed him myself and a nurse from his Pediatricians office confirmed it. Cache had had a high fever for about 3 days, he was super irritable, cranky, fatigued, and didn't have much of an appetite. It was sad not seeing him want to play with his toys and cars. Especially since Cache LOVES toys. Any where we go, he asks OR remembers if there are toys there. A couple days after his fever had gone away, I was getting him into the bath and noticed blotchy red spots all over his chest and back. The next day he was all better and back to his happy little playful loud and noisy self. : )
It's been really fun to watch Cache with Casen. Cache loves to talk to him and give him kisses. He's a loving brother. I'm glad they have each other. Since Curt started his job, our days seem to go by pretty fast.... which is nice because Curt gets home at 4 pm. Cache and I like to sing and dance. Cache dances while I sing for him. :) He shakes his bum bum (as we call it) and I sing the song, "Shake your bum bum, ......., ........,......., ......., etc. " That's the whole song. Cache loves shaken his bum bum and just cracks up. He puts his hands on his hips and shakes away! He sings the song too, but of course it's more fun when mom is playing along. Cache has always loved it too when we "dance" in the car along to the radio. It helped both of us when we were on the Looooooong drive home at the beginning of the month. I can really move it even when I'm sitting in the passenger seat!! I love having fun with my boys and being silly.
Casen is officially THREE MONTHS OLD TODAY!!!! WOW! As I was nursing him in church today, I gave props to myself for nursing him for THREE whole straight months without a single bottle of formula. Then a lady came in to change her son that was 2 weeks old and asked me how old mine was and gave me props for breastfeeding for THAT long! It was what I needed to hear. Sometimes I just feel like a human binky. I have a hate/love relationship with breastfeeding. I won't lie. I LOVE how much it has bonded me with my sweet little son. I LOVE too how it is so much easier that I don't have to get up and make him a bottle every time he wants to eat. I LOVE that I provide all his nourishment for him and that keeps him very happy and healthy. I still have the goal of nursing him for at least a year. I reminded myself today how fast THREE months go by and how I know I can do it for three more quarters. I know too it will help when the solids start happening in another couple months and then he'll go even longer throughout the day. Nursing has been a positive experience for me with Casen all in all. It has been a lot of work, but I'm grateful that I've been able to do it. It really has been such a blessing.
Oh, and funny story to add in since we're on the topic of nursing. I have a brest friend nursing pillow, but for the first 7 weeks of Casen's life I nursed him with my boppy pillow. As I was nursing Casen on the couch with my so called brest friend ;), Cache grabbed the boppy on the floor, sat on his legs, put the boppy around his waist, pulled his shirt up and proclaimed, "I got my brest friend too, Mom. I feed Puppy boob." Then he lifted up his shirt and laughed and laughed and laughed as he fed his Puppy. When I'm feeding Casen, Cache says, "Mama nursing Casen?!! Casen eatin boob, Mom." It's very cute I have to say. : ) Two is definitely a special age. (I got a picture of this on my iPhone that I'll have to add later. What's a story without a picture, right?!)
Lastly, I have to talk about my deals this weekend. I got 9 sobes/lifewaters and a bag of granola clusters for $2.07! It's unreal how little things cost with a bunch of coupons! I Had 3 different coupons for the granola, and a buy one get one free for the sobes. It helped though that the sobes were already on sale for only 38 cents. I also got 4 bounce dryer bars for only $0.29 cents each, 2 containers of Huggies wipes for $0.49 each, 2 FREE mini loaves of harvest grain bread, 2 Dreyer's ice cream for $1.50 each, and a Crest toothpaste for $0.75 cents! It's unbelievable to me how much I have SAVED just within the past week. I love it. I want to put all the coupons sites and blogs I have found helpful on here, so watch for those to pop up on this post or the sidebar if you are interested. It's time for me to feed my baby again and then off to bed. :)
7 comments:
Nursing gets easier and easier- right now it feels like all they ever want to do is nurse, and that is hard. But, by one year they only nurse about 3-4 times a day- WAY super easy!!
I'll let you know how my coupon-ing goes! I was so glad we were able to come visit today- hopefully we can more in the future!
No--of course I haven't forgotten about you. Sorry I have been lame with comments for awhile...busy busy!I already spent a large portion of my morning a few days ago checking out that coupon site. Thing is--most of the products with coupons I don't use...so I feel like I waste my time on websites and cutting coupons. Plus, I think you have better stores. I thought about doing it but the only store they had pretty much was Smiths and Walgreens...they have Albertsons but they selling soon so it won't be as good.
I want to try it...I'm still considering it but then I would have to get the paper too...what to do what to do!!
Casen is such a doll! Just want to kiss him!
Oh your baby is such a cutie pie!!! I can't believe he is already 3 months old! That went by so fast! I hear ya on the nursing thing - I really like it but I also thought "I'm nearly halfway done!" the other day - Wyatt is 5.5 months old now and I'm going to be done once he's a year old.
I'm so impressed with all of your money saving! I cut coupons and shop the sales but I am not the best at just buying off of my list. Plus I've found that for nearly everything - Walmart is just way cheaper. I won't buy my produce or my meat there though, so I feel like I'm always grocery shopping, but I'm saving a ton of money so it's worth it.
Oh my gosh! I'll admit I didn't read all the writing, but THOSE PICTURES ARE TO DIE FOR! Casen makes me want to just SQUEEEEEEZEEEE him to death! Thanks for posting SO many photos just for me!!!!!!!!!!! Love you all.
my oh my Jen! You are saving some BIG bucks! This is awesome!
Speaking of "BIG", Casen is getting so big! But still a cute as ever. I loved the video, he really had something to say. So cute. I love him and cache tons. Give them some lovin' from me, would ya?
i'm glad cache is all better. i'm glad you like nursing! hopefully i will feel the same way the next time too- we will see!
Jen, Casen has gotten so big!! I can't believe how fast they grow. He's such a cutie. You are such a great mommy. :) Miss you tons.
Sweet Thoughts Left