I took Casen in today for his 2 month well-check. He's my hefty little guy. Casen has always seemed to be more of a "thick chested" kinda guy to me. Just like his daddy. Cache on the other hand is just my tall and lean guy. Casen seems to be taller than I thought though. I think his chunkiness must offset the looks of how tall he actually is. Well, at least to me. :) Drumroll....
weight: 12 lbs. 3 oz. = 65%tile
height: 23 3/4 in. = 75%tile
(he's gained 5 LBS. since June and remember he was only born May 30th!!! His pediatrician thought that was so great and so did I!)
Casen has plenty of little rolls. It's the first thing his pediatrician mentioned when he first saw him, and said they are a good sign you can tell he's getting plenty to eat. The little rolls around his wrists and thighs, etc. He didn't have to tell me that though. I've been exclusively nursing Casen, so the only thing he has ever had is my milk. I've always had more than enough milk, and I can happily say I've noticed within the past two weeks my milk is FINALLY starting to even out. I'm so happy about that. Sigh. There is relief. I've always had plenty of milk to nurse at least two babies, and I've only got one to feed! It's nice to not be in so much pain anymore and not have to pump every now and then. I was always making more than my baby needed, so it's nice now that I'm making just exactly what he needs. It's SO much more comfortable for me. Also, I've noticed within the past week Casen has been sleeping more through the night. My doctor mentioned they tend to do that once they hit the 12LBS.-16LBS range. So he told me to go ahead and just let him keep sleeping now that he's hit 12lbs and he's got a nice reserve on him too. :) I wasn't sure about him sleeping through the night without a feeding, so I'm glad I know now it's okay since he's a hefty 12 pounder. I'm new at the whole nursing thing and I would never want my baby to go too long without a feeding! I'm glad Casen has decided to start sleeping through the night now. I'm even MORE glad about getting a full night's rest! WOOHOO!
Casen checked out well. He's getting plenty to eat. (Which I have to say I'm so proud about, since Cache said no to breastfeeding and I wasn't pushing it myself with him either.) Casen is growing and gaining well. His eyes check out good, good heartbeat, good lungs, good hips, good legs, good muscle tone. He's a very strong little guy and he's very very happy all the time too. I'm so grateful he's such a happy boy. Casen smiles all the time, simply because he's a happy baby. We love you Casen.
4 comments:
Yeah dawg...he's sleeping through the night! I'm so happy for you to get a full night's rest again! And way to go Jen! Exclusively breast fed and 12lbs! That's so awesome!
I so hope nursing works out for us (mom/baby) with this next one. I've wanted to so badly with the last ones.
That's so neat that you were able to have both babies blessed with all the family. I'm so glad that you belong to such a wonderful family Jen, and able to make all these wonderful memories for you and your little family.
Cache is such a stud! What a cute outfit too! And Casen looks so cute, especially with his little blonde mohawk.
I need to see that baby. He is so adorable. Glad your milk is cooperating with you. ;)
Loved the updates. Looks like you guys have had such a fun summer. What a cute family! Miss you guys.
I need some new photos of our little squishy CASEN! We miss you guys lots. Have been REAL busy since the minute we got back. Check ins just around the corner. But, we can't wait to see some MORE photos of our little buddies from Colorado! love you guys.
Sweet Thoughts Left