Saturday, June 13, 2009

•Time for an Update!•

It's about time for an update! Today, was my due date! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT that I have a beautiful 2 week old newborn baby boy ON my due date!!!! I STILL can not get over the fact that Casen came 2 weeks early! It all happened SO fast, but it was definitely one of the most memorable and special days ever. I'm so thankful Casen came to our family 2 weeks early, I feel like I've gotten to enjoy 2 more weeks of his life, that I didn't ever have with Cache. These past two weeks, I've just been nursing, eating, sleeping, sometimes cooking, but most importantly LOVING my newborn baby boy!  My new little man, Casen, has been such a dream!!!! He's a great little nurser and he's letting his mommy get some sleep. He wakes up about 3 times a night to nurse and goes back to sleep so well in between his feedings. I'm so glad he's been so easy, it makes everything so much more enjoyable for me while I'm running on less sleep. Casen is SO CONTENT & SWEET & SCRUMPTIOUS!!!! HE IS A-DOR-ABLE!!!! He's already changed so much just within the past two weeks, but I just think each day he is more and more handsome than the last! I wish all our friends and family could visit and see him at this time. He really is such a sweet one, I can't get enough of his cuddles, his sweet newborn scent, and his gorgeous blond hair! He's heaven! 
Curt's parents came to visit their grandbabies this weekend. Curt's mom made beautiful quilts and blankets for the boys. 
Cache's quilt is Broncos and Denver Nuggets fabric and it's a really great size. It's huge! It will fit nicely over his toddler bed when we get it at the end of the summer. Cache is a blanket lover just like his mommy. ;) He LOVES his quilt and blanket his Grama made him!
Casen's quilt has Pooh fabric and sports. It's a beautiful quilt and it's a generous sized crib quilt! I just LOVE these quilts! 
Cache has had a fun weekend playing, baking, cooking, coloring, and napping with his Grama and Grampa! Grama gave Cache his very 1st haircut (it was a nice trim:), she let him help make & bake her BEST Brownies recipe, colored with him and napped with him. Cache is so LUCKY to have such loving grandparents. Cache played outside with Grampa in his "fort" and was always sure to point out the family of bunnies that happen to live in our front and backyard. It's been a really fun weekend and we are grateful they were able to visit!

8 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

You are right! He is heaven! He is so dang handsome!!
Cache, good thing you got the hair cut--it was a monsterous bush before :)!!!!! Looking mighty sharp!
Great and HUGE quilts from grams!

Christina said...

Very cute! I love his mohawk!

Jennie said...

What a handsome little blondie! He is just too cute! I wish I could see him in person. I'm so happy for you that things are going so well with nursing. Cache looks so big holding his baby brother!!

Meagan said...

Oh, my gosh. Jen, Casen is beautiful! He's such a doll and I can't get over how much hair he has. So cute! Miss you guys tons.

Leah said...

So glad things are going well...I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. He is so cute JB...I am so happy for you and your family of boys!~

Luber family said...

I love how blonde Casen's hair is! He is too cute! Cache looks like he had a great time with his grandparents. Fun pictures!

mad white woman said...

I love his blonde hair... I can't get over it. Casen looks SO tiny on that quilt all by himself.

I wish I could be there to help you and love that baby.

Ashley Harris said...

oh, it sounds like everything is going so well!! I'm so glad he's letting you get some sleep and that he's nursing so well, both of those things make a HUGE difference! He's so handsome!! I seriously can't get over his beautiful blond hair! I don't know if I've ever seen a baby with hair that light! So cute!