Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's

Our Valentine's Day package from our sweet Stephanie!!!! Thanks Steph! We love you guys too!
I love Valentine's Day. Unfortunately my Valentine doesn't. :( Boo hoo. He doesn't buy into the commercialism of the Hallmark holiday. He doesn't think people should think they have to buy their loved ones something to know they are loved (or to at least know they are going to be keeping them around :)).  Anyways, since my Valentine does love me he celebrates just in my honor. eh hem, because I ask him too.... :). Every year he asks me what I want for Valentine's Day. I ALWAYS tell him I want a card! I LOVE cards and if you know me well you KNOW I cherish cards! Especially from my hubby! When we were first married and before I became a mommy his love notes and cards seemed to be more frequent. I guess by this point he knows I'm still going to be sticking around regardless of how many love notes I get or lack of. :( What can I say I'm a girl that likes to be wooed. He knows I love Valentine's Day and he knows I love my Valentines. I'm so blessed to have THREE BOYS to be my Valentines this year! WOW I am ONE lucky girl! So in celebration of my love for my THREE valentines this year I made Valentine cupcakes! Even baby Casen can enjoy them! ;) I know my boys love my baking skills and just like they can not resist me...... they can not resist my cupcakes! :)
With Cache's Birthday and Valentine's Day this week, we've enjoyed lots of yummy CUPCAKES!
My favorite Valentines day will forever be February 14th, 2007. I don't think that one can ever be topped! What can be better than a BRAND NEW BABY for Valentine's Day?!!!  I felt SO much love in our home. I had just given birth to Cache and he was just a few days old.  Cache was the greatest Valentine's Day gift EVER!!!! The spirit a new baby carries with them into the home is amazing. I felt so much love from Heavenly Father for entrusting me with Cache's care and so much love between Curt and I, and our new precious little miracle. Curt was VERY thoughtful that year and went out to get me a gift. Like I even needed one!!!! He got me a sweet card, a dozen red roses and a beautiful diamond journey pendant necklace. Those gifts meant so much to me. I know the sentiment was high that year. My emotions were especially heightened that year because I had just had a baby. :) I love that necklace because it's so sentimental. It wasn't just a Valentine's day gift but a congratulatory "You're a mom and thanks for having our baby" gift! Best gift Curt has EVER given me and will ever give me! I CHERISH that beautiful necklace so much, but even more I cherish all the LOVE in our family. I feel so blessed to have my sweet little family. We've got LOTS of LOVE! Oh, love is such a beautiful thing! 
A very special Valentine's Day 2-14-05! Our Very 1st Valentine's Day together!
Our Baby Valentine just a few days old.... 2.14.07
Sweet Baby Cache!
My sweet Cache today! Oh, he's getting so big! I love you Curt, Cache, and Casen!!!!! (my 3 C's :))

4 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

Happy Valentine's Day Noble family! My Valentine is the same way as yours - does not love it that there is a day that he is 'required' to buy me flowers and tell me he loves me. He tells me he loves me everyday and he'd rather just surprise me throughout the year with flowers and so forth (and he really does do this, it's not just a cop-out.) Those cupcakes look DIVINE and I'm really wishing that you lived here or I lived there because wow, they look tasty!

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

So glad you received the package on or before valentines! We went to Texas Roadhouse for our Valentines dinner last night. We left David with my in-laws! Thanks for the Valentines Dinner!!!! We love Texas Roadhouse! See you all very soon!

mad white woman said...

I'm glad some husbands are willing to play the game. Mine? Well, he didn't so much mention it (we had a Ward activity that night)... not even a card. Awesome.

Meanwhile, your treats look so tasty and that picture of Baby Cache in the frog blanket reminds me of when he was tiny how much I thought he looked like you. He's got your mouth, I swear.

lisa said...

I LOVE V day too! I love the overall feeling of love for everyone. I am so excited for you new house! So exciting! You will love it!