Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Cache got a baby

Cache got a baby. I bought him a Cabbage Patch Kid 25th Anniversary baby boy that was on clearance at Wal-mart for $7. The baby came with the little CPK adoption birth certificate named "Skyler Byron". So that's what we call Cache's baby. The baby is bald and has blue eyes.... so he fits right into our family perfectly! ;)  It wasn't hard to buy him a cabbage patch, because those are the only dolls I find cute and not scary nor creepy. :) I don't know if Cache really needs a baby, but I thought it wouldn't hurt since Casen will be here soon. That way Cache will have a baby to "help" when he can't help me with Casen sometimes. I don't want little Cache to feel left out when I'm taking care of newborn Casen. We'll see if Cache even cares about his new baby. Probably not until Casen arrives. Cache is always ALL about his cars, trucks, and rides. We tell Cache to be gentle to his baby and I tell him to not put blankets over the baby's head. :) That's my only concern that Cache will want to give Casen his 'blankies' and put them over his head! I'm going to have to watch him like a hawk! Cache is such a SWEET boy, I just know he's going to be a great big brother to Casen!

6 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

I can't believe Curt actually let you buy a doll for Cache. I'm so very proud.:) Cute pics...of both the blue eyed babies!

Kami Milliron said...

That is what we planned on doing for Douglas when we first found out we were pregnant with Elizabeth. I have heard that letting them have their own Baby, helps them when the real Baby comes. It also teaches them how to be gentle.

The Frosts said...

That is a cute idea. I love Cabbage Patch dolls. I have 3 from when I was little. I think I will bust them out, and give one to Porter. Maybe it will help him to learn that we never cover our baby sister's mouth. Scary. I'm sure Cache will be a much gentler brother.

Adam & Brandi said...

How cute! What a creative idea to familiarize Cache to associate a baby with being gentle and loving and caring. That'll be very neat when you two, together, can bottle-feed the babies, put the babies down for naps, and rock the babies. It'll give Cache something special to do with his Mommy and with his babies while Mommy tends to the "helpless" one. Very creative!

Adam

Ashley Harris said...

Those are adorable pictures of the two boys! ;) He looks like he loves the doll already!

mad white woman said...

All boys need a doll. :)

Talking about food never gets old!