Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Denver Boat Show

We went to the Denver Boat Show a couple Saturdays ago. We went right after my First View Ultrasound. I was a little emotional after leaving my ultrasound, so it was a good thing we went somewhere right afterwards where I was surrounded by people. I'd rather not embarrass myself and cry in public. :) Curt and I ate some fattening little fried donuts at the boat show. I was feeling emotional and felt like I needed a little fattening comfort food at the time. They were actually quite good and I felt happier after eating such a treat. Curt was NOT impressed with the boat show this year. He was disappointed there weren't any BIG yachts for him to see. Cache enjoyed the HUGE Geico semi-truck and had fun steering some of the boats. There were some guys sculpting a HUGE sandcastle that was pretty cool. We didn't stay long, we just looked at all the boats Curt wanted to see and then we went home. Here's some pics:

8 comments:

Jenna Johnson said...

so this may be a little random! Matt and I love love it here in Utah but we seriously are ready for a change...and we talk about Colorado alot! We would love to be out of the Utah bubble! I think it's a great fit for us but still close {pretty close} to home! If you hear of any sort of Jobs in advertising -My husband has been in advertising sales for almost 4 years now and he is amazing at what he does...it's a long shot but if you hear or your husband hears of anything let me know!

Christina said...

Ummm...those donuts look REALLY good right now! Are you coming over on Friday? Audra is doing a lot better!

Kylee said...

How cute, and fun!!! You are always doing fun things with your family, how do you know/find out about them?

Adam & Brandi said...

What?!!! What's a boat show without the yachts? It must be the economy effecting the boat sales of the yachts. They must not be selling as many, or something. That's crazy though. I, too, would get a little bored seeing all the same stuff, over and over...oh look, a wake board boat, and another, and another, and another, etc.! The RV show is this week here at the fairgrounds and the boat show is, I think, next week. Or something like that. We'll have to go check it out if the funds allow.

Adam

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

Isn't that funny how fatty foods or greasy foods are so comforting. hehehe. That is what all girls need once in a while...a nice fatty treat! So glad you did go out right after. It was probaby a good thing. Then you doing sit at home all day having your own little pitty party! Cute pictures of curt and cache walking down the isle!

mad white woman said...

That sand castle looks really neat. And those donuts really yummy. Tell Curt that's gotta count from something. :)

Jennie said...

We're going to own a boat, after all our loans are paid off. That's our one luxury that we dream about!

The Noble Family said...

I agree with Adam. What no Yatch's Jermey might have asked for his money back. HAHA. I think the donuts look great. I love donuts. I want one right now. HAHA. Glad you guys still tried to have fun. Love the pics of the guys enjoying what guys enjoy.