This is our weather forecast for the first week of November. :) Today's high was 77 for the 1st day in November. It was just beautiful. This is why we love living in Colorado. The weather varies so much. Again, I have to say how HAPPY I am that October came and went and we had NO snow! Keep in mind we usually get our first snow in mid-October and the snow keeps falling throughout April! Yes, April! We pretty much skip spring it always seems like. The trees blossom for one week and then it feels like summer, then the leaves change as Fall approaches then they all fall off and we can expect freezing temps. with snow storms!
(We've been taking Cache to the park a lot this past week. We've got to soak up the beautiful weather while we can! Cache is so much fun to take to the park these days, because he loves to climb up the stairs and go up and down the slides all by himself. He is such a big boy.)
Curt took Cache to the park today while I attended Kindy's baby shower. (Go Kindy!) Curt is such a superb father. I compliment him often, because I'm so glad he loves children. He's always so good with Cache. I marvel at how he can be so stern with Cache without raising his voice. Everyday they are wrestling or Curt is pushing Cache around on his lion. They are best buds and I think they always will be. Cache's vocabulary has been expanding day by day, but he's always saying "dada" or "daddy" throughout the day. Cache knows when it's time for daddy to come home for lunch or home for the day. Cache is such a sweet person and I'm still thanking him daily that he's in our family. :) We just love him so much!
Last night we went to the Trick or Treat street at Aspen Grove (outdoor shopping mall). It was lots of fun of course and Cache got MORE candy! The Littleton Police dept. and Fire dept. were there handing out candy as well as all the stores. Cache loved the flashing lights on all the cop cars. He says, "Lights!". I love that there are so many opportunities to take Cache trick or treating in so many safe places.
Tonight we went to our ward's Trunk or Treat and Halloween Party. Cache has gotten to go trick or treating 3 nights in a row! He loved wearing his costume and getting treats in his little bag. There was a bean bag toss, fishing game, and donut eating game that all the kids loved. We ate donuts and sipped on punch and hot chocolate. It was lots of fun. I can't believe we celebrated so much Halloween this year. If we would have went to Boo at the Zoo that would have been FOUR times we took Cache trick or treating! Too many! I just love Cache is his skunk costume and I think it will always be a favorite of mine. He'll always be my little stinker!
4 comments:
It was SO hot here today, like in the 90's but Monday, it's supposed to be 76*. Extreme temperatures are crazy.
Stay warm.
Ok so we love love LOVED your recipe!! It was SO good!! I now have requests to make it for the holidays since it's kind of holiday-ish you know?! So yummy! Thanks for making me look good ;)
Um, are you TRYING to rub it in that you're in gorgeous weather and we're still pool - side over here ?! Oh sweet Colorado, maybe someday we will be blessed enough to live there : )
Jen,
I have this strange pull to CO. John and I don't know where we are going to settle down and practice and I just can't stop thinking about CO. I need to come visit you sometime to see if I really do like it! Sounds wonderful!
Sweet Thoughts Left