Sunday, September 28, 2008

Testimony

Yesterday afternoon, we took a drive up into the mountains to see the Aspens. We went to Golden Gate Canyon State Park. It seems to have become one of our family traditions to take a drive there each Fall and to see the beautiful Fall Aspens. Fall is BEAUTIFUL here in Colorado. I'm so grateful to live here and to see all of the beauty the Lord has created here around me.

I want to write about my testimony and things I know are true. I want my posterity and family to know how important righteous living is. It is the only way to a happy life. Curt encourages me to share my testimony on the blog so others can read(hear) it. He always reminds me that there was an article in the Ensign one month that encouraged Latter-Day Saints to share their testimonies with others through the uses of modern technology. So here I am sharing my testimony once again. My testimony is so important to me. It is a gift from my loving Heavenly Father. I will always share it. I wish I had more courage to share my testimony and the things I know in church. I do so much better in more intimate settings. Here I am again, journaling my testimony.  
Yesterday, at the Relief Society Broadcast a speaker had stated that our children will grow up in a sinful world and it is our duty to make our homes a refuge from the evil in the world. I was grateful to hear this. For the past couple of months, I have really been pondering how much evil and hate there is in this world. I am grateful for the counsel from the General Authorities of the church concerning this topic. I am grateful they speak so often & plainly to us concerning the evils of the world and how we must be on guard to protect our homes and families from all evil things that can destroy the family unit. I have a very, very low tolerance level for evil. I will not stand for it. I can not. I will ALWAYS advocate the Savior and His righteousness. I will always stand for truth and righteousness. I will always do my duty to keep and protect my home and family from the evils of the world. Satan is lurking around every corner, he does not have to turn us into murderers and thieves in order to win. All Satan has to do is keep us from doing the things which we came down to do and he simply distract us.  What Satan does is send us a whole bunch of distractions in many shapes and forms. Our former bishop, mentioned these distracts in the world today. There is so much distraction in the media, in images and pictures we see, on TV and so forth. With so many distractions we can not Hear the voice of the Lord. We can not hear the still small voice that so quietly whispers to us and answers our prayers if we are too caught up in all the distractions of the world. Satan just wants us to waste our time and fritter it away. That's all we need to do, And thus he has won. I'm grateful the Lord has given me eyes to see the beauty that is all around, and at the same time I'm grateful he has given me eyes to see all the evil and corruption that goes against His plan. I think a lot about where I will be going and what I am here to do. I have a deep testimony of the Spirit world. I know that there are people there doing the Lord's work. I know they are busy perfecting the Lord's kingdom. I know that no matter what, The Lord's work will always progress and move forward. I have a testimony of the Temple and the work that goes on in the House of The Lord. Whenever, I go to the temple I am just overcome with gratitude. My heart is full of gratitude for being a daughter of God and for having the privileges to be apart of His great work. I know that it is my solemn responsibility to teach my children that they are sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father. This months Visiting Teaching Ensign lesson is Gender is an essential characteristic of eternal identity and purpose. Satan confuses the hearts of the children of men for them to think differently. I think these are trials that some people face in this life. God does not make mistakes, but He does give us trials so that our weaknesses may become strengths. I have a firm testimony that Jesus is the way. The straight and narrow is the path that leads to eternal life and He provides the only way to a truly happy, fulfilling life. As I'm learning and growing in this mortal world, I come to know more about where I will be going and what I am here to do. I know that I am to spend my life learning about Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I know that on the morning that I am resurrected that I will know Him by the ways I have served Him. I love the Savior so much. I love how clean and pure He is. I love His loving Spirit that touches my heart and teaches me to continue in righteousness and to follow Him. 
Another thing I have been thinking a lot about lately is all the suffering I have seen on blogs and television. I have wondered why I have been so interested in learning about other people's stories, their most personal trials. Why must I stop and look? I have wondered why lately I've seen so much suffering- emotionally, physically and spiritually. I've asked the Lord, "What can I learn from this? What can I learn from other's suffering and their trials?". The spirit quietly whispered a small answer to me. To some it may already be obvious, but I had to ask. I needed to be reminded. The impression came to me that we may need to experience our own personal suffering and to mourn with those that mourn, out of the necessity. It is necessary to learn compassion in this life. The spirit so sweetly reminded me that I can learn compassion from all the suffering in this world. Compassion is a wonderful mercy of the Lord. Compassion is one of the most inspiring qualities of the Savior. For Him to have suffered the most for me , to give His life so that we too might live in the presence of our Heavenly Father. I stand amazed at the compassion the Savior offers us, when he truly has suffered the most for us. The Savior knows our trials and knows our despair. A good amount of trials in this life are not light, their burdens are heavy and they shape our lives. He never leaves us and has given us the gift of the Holy Ghost, The comforter. He is always there to comfort us in our time of need. We too must comfort those that stand in need of comfort. I'm so grateful for how gentle the Lord is with me. He teaches me so kindly and gently the things I must know. He is my Loving Father. He truly gives me so much opportunity to prepare to meet Him again. I know that I am loved by my Heavenly Family. I look forward to the day when I will have my birth into eternity. (I'm far from ready to leave of course. ;)) I just know where I will be going and I know I will be happy to be there. I will be happy to serve the Lord throughout my life. I will be happy to be in His presence. He is my happiness. All I have and all I know comes from Him and His light. I am so grateful for His glory and goodness. It is my deepest hope that my children will choose a righteous path, that they will continually desire to learn of  Him. That they may seek the love that He can only offer them. That they may know, How critically important they are to their Father in Heaven and how critically important it is that they help build the kingdom of God. I love my sweet children and I will do all that I can as their mother to help get them where they are to go in this life and in the life to come. I will protect my family and home from all evils of the world. My home will be a refuge from the world. I'm proud to be a daughter of God and I'm proud to stand for truth and righteousness. 

5 comments:

Christina said...

Very true sentiments! I have been thinking about how wicked this world is as well, and I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what happens with politics (i.e., abortion, gay marriage, or anything else) or the economy, what matters is that we fortify our homes and make them a safe haven not just for our kids, but for the friends of our kids as well. If we do that, then what happens in the world won't affect us as powerfully. That's my two cents- keep being the spiritual giant you are!!!!

Jennie said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony. I loved the broadcast too.

I love the pics of the leaves, aspens and mtns! I love the pic of you waving in the mirror! What a great shot. You look so happy too.

PS. Thanks for posting the site where you get your fabrics from. I used to have a couple of stores by me in AZ for those fun designer fabrics, but I'm afraid there aren't any by me now. I'll have to look further into it, but in case there aren't any, I definitely use that etsy site. Her prices are pretty good too! I can't wait to start sewing again. I'm starving for it!

Adam & Brandi said...

Jen, Thank you so much for being willing to share your sweet testimony. I remember exactly what article Curt was referring to. I know that often times Heavenly Father answers our prayers and comforts us through people. This entry was so POWERFUL to me. It was almost like YOU were that person He used to comfort me and answer my prayers. I know that everything is going to be ok. Thanks once again.
Brandi

Kami Milliron said...

Thanks for sharing your Testimony, I love reading your feelings about the Gospel !

How funny that you went to that park, my Sister in Law ( who also lives in Littleton ) just took her Kids there this past weekend.

mad white woman said...

You have such a sweet testimony.

Those pictures are so beautiful. I remember last year at this time I was wishing that this year, I might get to be in the CO to see it. Maybe next year... :)