Sunday, September 14, 2008

Our 1st Family Trip to the Beach

(Whenever we take family vacations, we are usually pretty worn out and tired when we get back. We've been spending the whole weekend lounging around and resting up - none of which we did on our actual vacation. My two boys have been napping for the past couple of hours and since they are still not waking up, I decided I might as well blog. :))
Last weekend we flew to California to spend some time with our friends the Widdisons at their family beach house in Ventura. We had a great time. Our family arrived to the beach house Saturday night and the Widdisons arrived Sunday afternoon. We just spent Sunday afternoon taking family walks on the beach and catching up a little bit. It was so fun to see Em in person, since I haven't seen her since they lived in Denver last summer. We stayed in the guest room that had the beachfront view. We LOVED falling asleep to the sounds of the ocean each night. I loved hearing the waves coming in and crashing against the rocks as the tide came in again and again. (I can still hear it.:)) It was so peaceful and calming. These pictures are from our fun Sunday afternoon. 

0 comments: