Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's Nursery Time!!!!!

Today, was Cache's 1st day in Nursery. I don't even know why I'm really writing about it besides it just being another milestone. I, of course, don't know anything about Nursery. I didn't even know where it was, let alone downstairs. :) I told my friend that I'm not sure if I'd like a calling in Nursery. I thought it was just one person who had to watch all these kids. :) When she told me that it's like 4 or 5 people and you just get to play with them, well I think I might like Nursery better than Primary! (I'm not trying to make a statement though, that I need a calling there!) Our Nursery has so many toys! I just think it's wonderful that there are so many toys for the kids. I asked Curt if the church buys them and he said yeah, and members donate the toys too. Wow. I just think Nursery is great. The best part is Cache loves it. Is that a surprise though? No!!!!! Cache is the most laid back, easy-going, mellow-yellow kid I've ever met. The three of us went into the Nursery this morning and Cache sat right down at the table and starting playing with the puzzles. (I asked the Nursery leader if I could take a picture of him since it was his 1st day at Nursery. :)) Curt and I left and Cache didn't even notice. Not a surprise again. The Nursery leaders said that he was just great and didn't cry once. I knew he would not cry. We seldom leave Cache, but when we do he doesn't cry at all-he doesn't even care!!!! We all know Cache has never been much of a crier. He's also never had any anxiety with strangers, and he's never been clingy with us. He's just such a good kid and he makes life way too easy for me (most of the time). (Which actually makes me think sometimes that I have such an easy kid, because I'm getting set up for something in life that's much harder.:)) I think it's awesome that I get relieved from "my calling" for two hours each Sunday now! WoohooooO! Cache didn't want to leave Nursery today! He was having too much fun playing with the toys. Cache, you are such a good kid! We love you so much!

8 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I wish I would have taken a picture of Douglas in Nursery for the first time. He loves it and was like Cache - he walked right in and started playing. I think I will be the one crying and throwing a fit in January because Douglas starts PRIMARY ! He will be a Sunbeam. I cannot believe how big these little Guys are getting.

Christina said...

Yeah for nursery! We are counting down the weeks and can't wait for that 2 hour respite each week!

Beka said...

Yeah yeah yeah.....:)!!!

Jennie said...

What a big boy! I can't believe he's already nursery age! Looks like he's in good hands there! :)

mad white woman said...

Hopefully he continues to enjoy it. Clara loved it the first few weeks, and has hated it ever since. Today she screamed for 45 minutes and then they finally brought her to me. I keep telling myself it's because she is tired. But she's also been a little crazy, so whatever. :)

Most of her 18 month pj's are on the verge of being too small, but her 24 month pj's are for winter, so I haven't put her in them yet. You're always too sweet Jen.

Kristina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashley Harris said...

Two hours of free babysitting every week - WHOO HOO!!!! I think nursery is the BEST IDEA EVER! I'm so glad Cache loved it, and of course I'm totally not surprised. He's so stinkin cute I just love that boy!