I've been thinking about how this rag quilt was going to come together for the past two weeks now. I went to Joann's several times to look at/buy fabric. I'm still new in the quilting world and I'm still learning how to match my fabrics really well. :) Since last night, I've had this fabric laid out and I've been switching out other different fabrics here and there to FINALLY come up with this!! I'm so excited! This quilt is such a pretty mixture of deep blues, aqua's, rich chocolates, and white. It's going to be my first cotton/flannel rag quilt. I'm happy this rag quilt will have the urban/modern look I was hoping for. The folded pieces of fabric on the squares are going to be fabric patches sewed onto the squares. This rag quilt is going to be my biggest quilt I've made yet. Yep, it's going to take me a long time to finish this one! I hope my little sewing machine behaves and makes it easy on me. :) I can just picture this beautiful Rag Quilt all finished!!! I'm so excited to have this new quilting project.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Finally!!! New Rag Quilt
Posted by JLynn at Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jen, You forgot to mention one thing in this entry... that you are making this quilt for me!!! SILLY YOU!!! haha I just love this one. It's by FAR my favorite one yet. So go ahead, send on over my way for little baby Noble.
I love it! I can't wait to see it finished! Jen, you have a great eye for creating the layout. I love the idea of the random squares with the solid borders. Is that a queen or twin size?
By the way, to answer your question about my pointless wonder quilt, I have the instructions I can email you if you'd like.
And I've never done any of the quilt kits at Joann's.
Girl....you are just awesome! Love these colors...and cute pics of you and your little fam at the park too!
I am so impressed with all your quilting. And I am also a bit jealous, I wish I had the time to do all the fun crafts you're doing !
Sweet Thoughts Left