These 3 quilts are the best quilts I've made yet. They all turned out Perfect. (according to me) The squares on the back of Maggie's quilt all lined up quite perfectly. It looks perfect. They turned out so beautiful and I'm so pleased since the 2 are gifts! I just wish I could be there to give them to our niece and nephew in person! The quilts are just darling. These pictures do not do the quilts justice. The colors are so vibrant and beautiful.
So I had to take my 3 rag quilts that I just made to the cleaners to get them washed and dried. It's important so the quilt can fray where it's been clipped. Hence the name, RAG quilt. :) Yep, so I called around yesterday to find myself a trusted cleaner that could do a good job. I basically needed to take my quilts to the cleaners because we don't have a dryer with a big enough lint filter to catch all the lint. Rag quilts cause A TON of lint when they are first washed. I have learned this. :) I was calling around yesterday and the first place I called was Red Carpet Cleaners. Well, I couldn't understand a word the man said when he answered the phone because his accent was so thick. I kindly just said, "Okay." and hung up the phone and thought it probably wouldn't be a good idea to take my quilts there. Then I called another place and they had no idea what a Rag Quilt was. Then another place I called said it would take at least 2 weeks if I dropped them off there. What? Two weeks!!! Then I called Corner Cleaners and they knew exactly what I was talking about and what I needed. I dropped them off last night. Cache and I went to the park for like 3 hours today and then we went and picked up the quilts. It's a local business that looks like it's family run. I love places like that. When I went in to pick up my quilts the older lady doing alterations asked me who made the quilts. I said, "I did!". :) She complimented me and said how beautiful they are. It felt so good to hear compliments on my quilts. She went on to say I was good and most people my age don't even know how to sew on a button. (Umm, I'm not quite sure if I can sew on a button, but I CAN sew quilts!!! :)) She also mentioned that some people don't understand how much work goes into making quilts. I'm grateful she acknowledged my hard work. Her sweet compliments meant so much to me. I told her Thank you and I'll be sure to come back with more quilts that I make! (I was only charged $34 even for all 3 quilts! They did an excellent job! I'm making a rag quilt for our nephew, Baby David now. I'm really grateful for the ability to make these rag quilts. It's such a relaxing and satisfying hobby. :) They make great gifts too!
Last Saturday night, there was a professional motorcross race going on under the lights in Lakewood. Curt and I heard about it while we were eating dinner and the 5 o'clock news was on. Curt wanted to go, so we did. It was fun. We just went for a couple hours. Motorcycle sports is actually something Curt and I both enjoy watching together. We took little Cache and he was such a good boy. Big surprise. ;) We had to park on the farm field in front of the Front Range. We had to step over piles of cow poop (only in Colorado :)) and then take a bus up the hill to the motorcross. Cache loved riding on the bus. It made me a little nervous of course, because my little baby was not strapped in. I'm BIG on BEING SAFE... ALL THE TIME. :) Anyways, it was a fun family event and it was fun to take Cache even though he will never remember.
Cache is a little walker now. :) He can totally walk on bare feet now, but still a little wobbly when we are out and about and he's wearing sandals. I'm so proud of him. I'm so glad too that he started walking at 16 months and no later than that. :) Good job, Son!!!! We love you!!!! Cache is still his calm little self. Now, he's just calmly walking all about our home with his sweet little grin on his face. I LOVE having such a calm child. I'm pretty sure he's always going to be this laid back. He's been this way since the day he was born and I don't see him changing anytime soon. (I hope he's always this good!!!) Cache does have his moments though of course where he acts out like a toddler. Cache has time-outs now for a minute and a half, since he's almost 1 1/2 years old. We just started putting him in time-out last week for when he's not being obedient to us when we tell him not to hit something/us :) out of frustration. Just when he's being a little naughty. It's important for us to teach Cache to be obedient at a young age. I want Cache to learn to be obedient to Curt and I and hopefully that will carry into teaching him to be obedient in following the gospel teachings/principles as well. Cache has this little spot on the carpet where we place him and he sits there for his 1 1/2 minutes or throws a tantrum and cries. It's really not that long at all. Then we pick him up and give him a hug and a kiss and tell him that we love him and why he had to sit in time-out. Then we declare, "Time-out is over!". :)
Cache really loves music. He loves to turn on the radio to listen and dance. He LOVES to play Curt's guitar. He just gently strums? it. I don't know guitar lingo. Cache knows what "gentle" means. Some parents say "soft", we just happen to say "gentle". Cache is really gentle with the guitar. He never bangs it or smashes things onto to it to hit it. Cache has a real gentle personality so that's not a surprise again there. I think he really enjoys hearing it's different sounds and I enjoy watching him learning. Cache loves to turn on Curt's Ipod and dance to the music. The other day it was Tim McGraw and I loved watching Cache dance to my sweet Timmy. :) Cache has always had instrumental/guitar music play in his room. He's had church hymns and disney music play all the time. Since I've noticed how much Cache loves music and how happy it makes him, I started playing Jack Johnson cd's in his cd player a few weeks ago. Cache loves Jack now too. I just want to encourage him to love music, since we can already tell how much he enjoys it. He might just have some musical talent and we want to encourage him to develop all his talents in life. It would be great if Cache has musical talents, because neither one of us is musically inclined. :)
Cache loves straws. So if somebody gave him a box of straws, he'd be so content for a very long time. It's like unwrapping a present for him. When he decides it's time to pull the wrapper off his little face just lights up like he just discovered what his straw could do. Cache loves to play rough with daddy. Curt is such a great father. When he comes home from work every night he always, always gets on the floor and plays with Cache. I'm so glad Curt likes to roughhouse with his boy. I'm so glad Curt takes the time to pay attention to Cache and make him feel important. Curt and Cache have a lot of fun being boys together. :) I'm always in the background saying, "Curt, I don't want him to learn it's okay to hit." and Curt always reminds me they are just being boys and playing. They play a little too rough sometimes and Cache bonks his head on the coffee table somewhere. Cache never cries, he just kind of whines sometimes and pats his head where he got hurt. :( Oh, he's such a cute cute boy! Then he gets a hug from mommy! I love cuddling my sweet boy. I'll be sad when he hits the age where it's no longer cool to get hugs from mom. :) I'll always comfort him though and give him hugs nonetheless!
Tomorrow, we are going up to BRECKENRIDGE!!!! I'm SO excited!!!! I've been looking forward to our day trip up there for weeks! I'll be sure to take pictures of our family on the 4th! We drove up to Breckenridge last year too. I think this will be a Noble family tradition for the 4th of July every year. They have parades, fire trucks and the firemen let the kids play in the water hose, there's live music and plenty of little restaurants to grab a good bite to eat. It's fun, but I'm really just looking forward to a trip up into the mountains again. It's about an hour and a half drive up there. Can't wait to enjoy the mountain air in the Rockies!
2 comments:
Yeah for family time and yeah for Cache walking! 16 months isn't even that old. It's so much fun when they walk around. Enjoy your cool 4th of July. The only way we'll be cool is if we're in the pool or inside. :)
I hope you had fun in Breck! I love your new template- where did you get it?
Sweet Thoughts Left