Sunday, June 22, 2008

What else? More Quilts of course!

Cache's rag quilt. I'm surprised that he likes it so much. Cache has always been real cuddly and he loves to cuddle all his blankets. His stuffed animals too. He likes to put all his blankets and stuffed animals up to his face and cuddle them. He likes all his really soft blankets and animals. I didn't really think that Cache would "notice" his new quilt. He has though and he cuddles with it in his crib. Most blankets in his crib he'll just lay on top of, but I've noticed that he likes to stay under his new quilt all snuggled up! :) It's a soft cuddly quilt and it kinda looks like a little comforter in his crib. It's sort of thick with the batting and it must keep my little boy warm. :)
Lovin his blankie and his Daddy! Curt went on the Scouts High Adventure this weekend. He came back with a nice sunburn and farmer's tan. :) Curt LOVES scouting and camping. I'm so glad he's apart of the scouting program so he can enjoy camping every now and then. So since Curt was gone this weekend... what do you think I did??? Quilt of course!!!! I sewed our new little nephew baby Boyd a rag quilt. It turned out really cute. I just have to clip it and take it to the Dry Cleaners. I'm going to take all of my rag quilts to the dry cleaners from now on. We don't have a good enough dryer to catch all the lint and I don't enjoy having to vacuum my quilts. :) I actually think it's quite funny and silly! Definitely not worth it, when I can just pay someone to do the work for me. :)


Our little niece, Maggie (Mags, Mag-pie :)) is turning 4 years old on July 25th. Sweet Lil' Mags and I have birthdays only two days apart and we both have brown curly hair. I can't claim that her curls come from me though. :) She's a sweet little girl and I sure wish we lived closer to Jeremy and Morgan so we could visit with them year round!!! This is the birthday rag quilt I am making for Maggie!!! It's going to be cute, it's very girly! It has the sweetest cupcake/cake material, which is so fitting for her birthday! I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

The fabrics.
The back.
Baby Boyd's rag quilt is all finished. I love it. It's so green.  I just need to clip it.
The fabrics.
The back.

Best news for last. :) Little Cache has been taking his first steps over the past few days!!!!! :) He can totally walk now, and take like 5 or 6 steps by himself! He's just still a little weak in the knees and I think he gets tired. :) He's so cute learning! He thinks it's so funny when he walks and just laughs and laughs about it. I'm so happy for Cache. We're so proud of him!!! We knew you could do it Cache. Keep practicing little man so you can walk everywhere on your own soon! :)

5 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

That's so sweet of you to make your niece and nephew something they will always be able to have, and remember that it was made by their aunt. It's a very thoughtful gift.

And I'm so proud of my little Cache!!! You'll have to take a video of him and post it on here. I just picture is little face lighting up at the joy of being able to walk. What a little stud in training.

adam

Walker Family said...

Jenn, you are amazing!!! all of your quilts are just so so so cute! I am so happy for your little guy! good for him that he is walking all over the place!! You have truly become a remarkable mom, woman , wife and person, Jenn!

Leah said...

Girl....you are just AWESOME!! What amazing special quilts and what wonderful keepsakes!! They are just so cute and good for you for being a domestic diva!!!
And yay for your little man walking!! YIPEE! I know it would come!

Emily Widdison said...

of course those are all cute quilts. Cache, you are the man! Good job little buddy! We know you will be cruising on the beach in September!

The Noble Family said...

Good job cache we are so proud of you. Good luck parents. There is no turning back now.
I love the quiltS. They are so cute. Cant wait to get them. Thanks!!!