Cache loved the happy meal box most of all. He punched out the perforated little characters perfectly all by himself and by doing so he made a little hole to get his french fries out! He ate a few fries and 3 out of 4 chicken nuggets! I took the toy out of the box as a surprise for later. :) He's still too young to know what a Happy Meal is, let alone they come with toys. Too bad for Cache, he doesn't know yet that that's the best part of a Happy Meal. Yep, I'm one of those mom's who stashes a few new toys in the closet to have a few new toys on hand for when they are needed. :)
Today was Visiting Teaching Day. I'm grateful for my opportunity to visit teach and share the gospel. I always learn so much from the ladies I visit and from the visiting teaching program.
One of the ladies we visit wanted to meet at McDonald's this afternoon. She has a scary little dog with sharp teeth and last time we visited her at her apartment, the little dog scared Cache and made him cry. She suggested meeting at McDonald's this time, as it's a kid-friendly place to visit with Cache. Curt and I are not McDonald's regulars and neither is Cache. :) Today was Cache's lucky day! I had to cut Cache's nap short this afternoon to make it in time for our visiting teaching appointment. I had brought a banana (Cache calls them "nanas"), peach applesauce, and milk for Cache. He was still hungry so he got his very 1st Happy Meal! Definitely not the healthiest choice for little Cache, but every happy little kid deserves a Happy Meal every once in awhile! :)
(This would be a good post to add the fact that Cache has known how to "sanitize" his hands with hand sanitizer for a few months now. :) I always always use my hand sanitizer while we are out and about, and I'm always getting diaper wipes out to wipe off highchairs and carts he sits in. Cache started mimicking me as he watched me "wash" my hands with the instant hand sanitizer every time I'd get back in the car. I put hand sanitizer in Cache's hands too and he "washes" his hands just like mommy! :) )
2 comments:
That's cute about knowing how to do his hand sanitizer! Raelyn knows how from doing it in nursery all the time at church.
Good idea meeting at some place else than a scary dog apartment!
Love the cute swimming pics too! Cache is such a sweet boy!
Cute quilt too. Funny Curt!
Meeting at McDonalds for VT isn't a bad idea. Douglas loves the Happy Meals there. But if I let him see the Toy first, he won't eat his meal. So I have to be sneaky : )
Sweet Thoughts Left