Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Denim Rag Quilt...In the Making!!!!

The front.
I'm very excited about this!!!! I have wanted to make a denim quilt for many years. I'm finally doing it!!! I'm making a denim rag quilt. I just laid out the pattern today. I cut the denim squares out of Curt's old jeans months ago! I love that it will be made out of Curt's old jeans. :) I cut out some pockets from my old jeans too that I'll sew onto the front of the quilt. I think it will turn out really cute! Kindy is teaching me how to sew it together! She is too kind! I can't thank her enough. She is teaching me ALL about the wonderful world of quilting!!! I'm so excited to see the finished product!!! When it's all finished the squares will be sewn together and the edges of the squares will be frayed out! If you have seen a denim rag quilt before, then you can probably picture it. I'm going to pin the individual squares (fronts and backs) together, so I should be ready to sew this week! I really am thrilled that I'm learning to quilt!!!!

The back.

The fabric for the front of the quilt. I LOVE the colors!!!
The fabric for the back of the quilt. I really like the cream flannel. It's really soft, so the quilt will be nice and cozy!

8 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

PLEASE keep the pictures coming, I really want to see how it turns out ! I'm very impressed with what you have done so far and if it wasn't so BLOODY HOT here, I would make a cute denim quilt too : )

Jennie said...

Oh that looks fabulous already! I love the colors! Way to go, learning something new! And it will bring you so much joy over the years as you use it each time and remember, "I MADE THAT!"

Kindy is so sweet and talented to teach you how!

I love all the other pics of Cache too. Skinny little legs, just like Rae! That's funny about him having a little girlfriend!

Emily Widdison said...

looks great jen!

mad white woman said...

I love those colors. I made a jean quilt and one side is just jean squares, but I think it's such a good idea to mix it up because mine is just too darn heavy. Can't wait to see the finished product. Anytime you want, your chicken soup will be waiting. :)

Beka said...

HEY! i'm making one too! work in progress...i wasnt very smart and started cutting out small squares but i want my quilt to be big, so its taking forever! i'm excited, i've never made a rag one before! i will show my finished product if i ever finish it! yours looks super cute!

The Frosts said...

Very cute, Jen! Your are such a well rounded little sewing mom! Keep up the great work.

Leah said...

Girl...you are turing into to Cara the domestic goddess!! look at you friend!! I love it! How fun that you and kindy get to do this together...love it!!

Jan Harrison said...

You are now an official TRUE MORMON MOM!! You have made it!! Can't wait to see the finished product!! Quilting is a great thing!