Saturday, March 08, 2008

I love Saturdays with the fam!


The flash hit the top of my head. Well, DUH? There's not really bright gray spots in my hair. I DID have my gray spot in full bloom before I got my hair colored today. I have this AWESOME patch of gray that grows in (I shoulda took a pic of it before I got it colored) where there's no pigment in the scalp. - Such lovely shots I took of my hair. :) Just a sampling of my so-called "peek-a-boo" highlights. I LOVE them!!! Can't wait to see them when my hair is curly. I think the only time of year my hair is ever straightened is when I go and get it done. So that would be like 3 times a year. Maybe 4??!! ha ha. :) Anyways, it's a treat I guess. Well, I don't really like my hair straight. It's too flat. I like my curls, because I like their volume. It's fro-acious. I told my stylist I would have done great in the 80's as an adult. I love big, full, volumonous hair. I think this is the 1st time EVER that I've gotten EXACTLY what I wanted and pictured in my mind!! yeah dawg, give it up for my talented hairstylist Stephanie!!! I lOVE the dark color she did. Yay no more ugly, matte, ash brown hair!!

While we were in Castle Rock, Cache got a new puppy. I didn't discover the puppy had a name until we bought him and the sales lady took off the tag for Cache. When I grabbed the tag and looked at the name I thought, "Gee...Puppers, what a perfect name for my son's little puppy. " BAaaahhhHAHAHAaaahhh. :)


Cache cheezin it up for Mom and the camera with his spaghetti face!!!


Our little family had a fun day today. Curt and I made biscuits and country gravy with sausage for breakfast. Curt's favorite. :) Cache had a biscuit with country gravy for breakfast as well, and he loved it!!! Of course he did. Cache has been loving everything lately, except his steamed veggies. The other day he would not SWALLOW his veggies. Cache was hording them in his mouth. This is the SECOND time Cache has done this. :) The SECOND time I've had to stick my finger in his mouth and swipe out all the mashed greens in his mouth, because he refuses to swallow them. Maybe I'll just feed him broccoli next time and not the mixed veggies. He seems to actually enjoy the broccoli more. The other day Cache had scrambled eggs with cheese and he LOVED that!!! He's a pretty good eater! He LOVES bread, bananas and pears! Those 3 are always gone real quick whenever we put them on his tray. Enough about Cache's diet. Back to our good day.

After breakfast, I went to get my hair done. My hairstylist, Stephanie is awesome! First we laughed and joked that she hasn't seen me since LAST SUMMER and how horrible I am about coming in to get my hair done. I'm just lazy about it and don't care as much as I should when it comes to taking good care of my curly hair. She totally gets my sense of humor, my sarcasm and KNOWs how picky I am about my hair. :) I told her I saw a girl on TV with some cool highlights and I wanted something like that. She always does a fab job on my hair (when I actually go in) and I think she's the best hairstylist I've ever had! My hair turned out EXACTLY how I pictured it in my head and just like the girl's hair I saw on TV that I liked. I got "peek-a-boo highlights" as Stephanie told me they are called. She said they are perfect for me and my unruly curly hair. More importantly, because I don't come in like I'm supposed too. :) So these highlights won't have any visible outgrowth. Perfect for lazy ole me, when it comes to going in and getting my hair re-done. I got sick of my natural ugly ash brown hair. She put in my peek-a-boo highlights and dark for the rest. I lOVE the contrast! It's totally what I wanted. She did a fab job on the dark brown color too. I'm SO picky about dark colors. I do NOT like the browns that have a lot of red or purple in them. This brown has neither. It's perfect. It was so refreshing to have an afternoon off from being a mommy and wifey and to get some fresh color in my hair! Yay for pretty brown hair!!!!


On my way home, I picked up some tasty grilled subs from this new place called Charley's. They were delish. I had the Chicken California. It was grilled chicken, melted provolone and ranch dressing. Perfect b/c I can't have and hate mayo! I think Charley's grilled subs is going to be one of my new faves! While I was getting my hair done, my sweet Curt cleaned the bathroom for me. He's always so great at doing that for me. When we got married, he said he'd always be the one to clean the bathrooms. He really lives up to his promise. We wanted to go on a little road trip, so we drove down to Castle Rock. Not much of a road trip. :) It's not very far, but it was a fun trip. We did some shopping, then we came home and had spaghetti for dinner. I think Cache enjoyed the spaghetti the most. Cache is at such a fun age! I just love watching him enjoy so many foods! He's such a happy little guy! He lights up our world! Tomorrow Cache will be 13 months old!!! He is such a fun little kid!!!!

3 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

The Grilled Sub you had sounds so yummy and I bet I could make it at home. Hmm, maybe we will be having Grilled Chicken Subs today : )

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Hair ! Did I mention I LOVE it ?! Because I LOVE it, it's so cute !

Adam & Brandi said...

Jen I love the hair! Although, I was scrolling to see if I could see a full body shot. But I didn't... So let's just say I'm a little t O'd. Love you girlie!!!!! :) And you too baby CACHE!

Ashley Harris said...

Cute hair! I also want to see the whole thing - including your cute face!

Oh and I LOVE Charley's! We have it here in Mesa (there's one near AMC theaters at Stapley and Baseline and one right by us at Recker and Brown.) So very good! Did you try their lemonade?! It's to die for!

And whoa, you sure are spoiled with your hubby cleaning the bathroom! I'm jealous!