Friday, November 23, 2007

My Little Gingerbread Man

The day after Thanksgiving.
Okay, it's been pretty cold here. In the 20's and below! Freezing and snowing. Getting down into the teen temperatures at night. I can say that I am used to the cold now though. Curt and I can pretty much withstand this kind of weather in just t-shirts and hoodies. :) That is of course just going to and fro the car when going out and running errands. What can I say, living in Idaho was a HUGE adjustment when I was at college, because then I learned my nose hairs could freeze when I simply walked out the door. :) We've lived in Colorado now for over 2 1/2 years and after last year's blizzards, we have really gotten used to how cold the CO can get.

Today I think the high was like 25 degrees. :) Living in this kind of climate and with winter weather conditions you really learn how to dress your baby appropriately on a day to day basis. Last Monday the high was 76 and then on Wednesday the high was 28. :) We can have highs of 72 and low's of 28 in one day. The weather fluctuates so much in just one day or just within a couple days. The snow we have gotten this week has stuck to the ground because of freezing temps. Today, we woke up at 7am to do some holiday shopping. There was really only one item I needed to be up that early to go shopping for. It was a gift for Curt at SuperTarget and I'm so glad I got up early to get it for him! There wasn't a bad crowd at all when we showed up at 8am.

Then we went to Old Navy. We keep our home well heated at nights, but with freezing temperatures we put Cache to sleep in a long sleeve onesie or long sleeve shirt/pant pjs, with a fleece footie pajamas on top. So I needed to get more pajama sets for him to wear underneath his fleece pj's. Curt showed me this adorable brown bundler for only $15!!!! Cache definitely needed it! He looks so cute in it! It is SO SOFT and keeps him nice and warm! Cache is so cuddly so I definitely LOVE him bundled up in this outfit! Cache just looks like my little gingerbread man! Cache was such a trooper today. We didn't do much shopping at all, we just wanted to be out and about with the hustle and bustle of the crowd! Cache didn't get his scheduled naps today and he didn't fuss much or cry about it! He's a pretty flexible kid when he needs to be! After a long day out and about, Cache was definitely ready for bedtime! Here is few pictures of Cache just getting out of his carseat and waking up.

This is Cache when he just woke up and I got him out of his carseat. Not really an appropriate time for a few pictures, but I couldn't resist my sweet baby in his "gingerbread man" outfit!
My tired little baby. :(
Even when he's exhausted he will still blush and smile. He got really excited after this because he realized we were going to get him ready for bed! Then he started squealing with excitement! This kid is waaaaaaaaaay too good!

8 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

That is the cutest hoodie. I am going to have to hit Old Navy now !

Kristina said...

Hi! I got married 2004. His name is Matt. I love him so much and couldnt imagine life without him (dont we all say that tho). I have 3 babies. Alexis (age 3 1/2) Hunter (age 2 1/2) and Tate (age 13 months) I love them so much. Thanks for commenting back! We do live in AZ. I live next door to my brother and his wife and there two babies and the other side of the housing development from my parents. I love having them close by. You always need family!

Ashley Harris said...

So cute! He's such a sweet little boy!

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm feeling great now and very hopeful for a small package or two in the next year! ;)

Jennie said...

What a cute little boy. I really can't believe how good he is! My girls would have a melt down after a long day like that!

Lynsey said...

What a cutie, those pictures make me laugh, he is adorable!! I can't believe how much he looks like you:) Don't you love those PJS from Old Navy, its not cold enough here in good ol' AZ but I have them all folded up and hopefully he will use them once or twice haha!!

mad white woman said...

we didn't get a new couch... i just took the couch covers off before they made me do something irrational like selling my couches and leaving our front room 'seatless'. angela said she thinks i should 'embrace the stripes'. it's not the stripes i oppose, just the colors. someday i'll get new couches... until then, jason won't let me have a bare room.

angela hardison said...

He looks so cute in that outfit, I love it!

Emily Widdison said...

I'm going to post this message on everyone's blog...
We need to have a get together in AZ. I was thinking of making chicken chilli and having everyone over for dinner at my parents place...either the Sunday or Monday before Christmas or sometime after Christmas...everyone can bring a treat to share and I'll provide all the rest. What time is best for everyone? Could someone contact Trevors and Ronni? We are calling it the "Ugly sweater Christmas Party" so find an ugly sweater and wear it! It will be fun!