Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Life is Grand




































Yesterday, Cache turned 8 months old!!! I think it is CRAZY how fast my baby has grown!!!! I also think, he is going through a growth spurt! He has been taking longer afternoon naps than usual! He has been really good at taking his scheduled naps since he was about 5 months! His naps just seem to be a bit longer now! I'm not complaining though! :) He is such an angel and has been since day ONE! (like I say over and over and over) I don't think I will get over the fact at what a wonderful baby, Cache has been! I was just telling Curt yesterday, what a gift Cache has been in our lives. I look at Cache in amazement and remind myself he was the little person in my belly for 10 months!!! I'm so grateful for the most part, Cache was such an easy pregnancy and an even easier baby!! I remind myself everyday how blessed and lucky I am to have a healthy baby who is happy 24/7. If Cache ever cries it's usually for a second, until I pick him up and he stops and starts laughing at all my silly faces, voices and noises I make with him! Wow, Motherhood has been the greatest joy in my life. I'm so thankful to be a Mother. It really is such an honor and privilege to be a mom. This has been the best time in my life. I've never been this happy and I have never felt as useful to the Lord, as I am as a Mother. Isn't it incredible the Love Heavenly Father has for us, as His daughters, to send us His children to love and care for on a daily basis while they are here on this Earth. !?!?!! I feel so loved by my Heavenly Father, because he has given me the blessing of being a mother to one of His children.


I often wonder if I will be so thankful for my little Cache, when he is a toddler and making messes everywhere and I'm pulling my hair out trying to contain him!!! I hope he continues to have his calm countenance and sweet disposition throughout his life! He was sent directly to us from Heavenly Father and I'm so grateful Cache is our first baby! Cache has been so extremely pleasant, I think if my experience or child had been any different, I know I would have so many different feelings than the ones I have!!! I say it over and over and over, but I can not hide the truth. My life has NEVER been this pleasant or happy! I can definitely say, that my trials and adversities in my life have all paid off and been worth every second of pain to enjoy such wonder, purity and happiness with my son, Cache. Having the opportunity to be Cache's mother I am taught through the gospel, Jesus Christ and His teachings and the wonderful leaders of the church what a True Mother should be. I was thankful to hear the conference talk on Motherhood and how she stated over and over how a mother KNOWS or something like that about KNOWING. It was a great talk. I also was so pleased and happy to hear the announcement of Elder Eyring as 2ND counselor in the first presidency. I have admired and looked up to Elder Eyring's words of wisdom and faith since my years as a youth when I was struggling to find my family and place in life. I have enjoyed many of his books, BYU-Idaho devotionals and conference talks. I LOVE the discernment in Elder Eyring's voice as he speaks as an Apostle of Jesus Christ and as he speaks as a man witnessing the great blessings in his life. His words of inspiration have always increased my desire to further my testimony and knowledge in Jesus Christ and His gospel. As one who has needed to look to others for example and guidance in the church, to fulfill the void of good parents, I am so thankful to have a Latter-Day Prophet and Apostles who lead and guide me in the direction of Jesus Christ. I have noticed over the years, it is such a process to make good choices in life. One good choice bears its fruits one after another, if we choose the right! ;) All the blessings in my life are fruits of my faith. How grateful I am to have so many blessings, esp. when I came from so little. I never forget whose Hands have bestowed upon me such blessings.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what can I say?! Jen, as always you're thoughts are inspiring. You're absolutely right...our lives will continue to be blessed because of the one HUGE decision you made to join the church. I often have similar feelings regarding YOU...I had a great childhood and upbringing, but I've never been happier in my life until you came along and helped get Cache here as well. I haven't known this happiness previous to our marriage. It will continue to grow. I love you!

Kami Milliron said...

There is nothing better than the ray of sunshine that I call CACHE ! He always has the most amazing smile on his face and his eyes are SO blue and beautiful. I have never seen him in person but just through his pictures you can tell he is SO happy to be alive. But with a Mom like JEN, who wouldn't be ??!!

Leah said...

Sweet Jen
I loved reading this post. You are right in so many things. I love that you take so much Joy in motherhood. I am so glad you have your Cache and that you are sooo happy! And your hubbie is just too sweet. I'm so glad your life has turned out like this.....and you look totally cute with your new hair! Conference was great too. And you are right....the terrible 2's are upon us and some days are hard. I just keep on praying for patience. Even though I know your Cache will continue to be an amazin toddler! I miss you and love you girl!

The Noble Family said...

Little Cache is growing up so fast. I can't believe that it has already been 8 months. I think of Little Cache all the time as I babysit a 7 month old and wonder how Cache is doing. I just love that he is so happy and smiling all the time. He is such a wonderful nephew. I am so happy that you are getting to enjoy all the awesome experiences that you get from watching your child learn and grow. We love you guys so much and just wish we could be around more often to see these wonderful accomplishments. Love ya.

lisa said...

Jen,
I will forever be amazed at your endless optimism and gratitude. You are such an example to me. I am so glad you are where you are in life. We really are so blessed.

lisa said...

By the way,
I love the dark hair. I think it's my favorite like that.