Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Last Weekend

On Saturday, Curt baked in the sun and got an awful sunburn while watching the football game. He got a farmer's tan and everything. A line from his sunglasses and a white spot on his wrist from his watch. It was like 80 degrees or so I guess at the football game.


On Saturday, after getting a couple recommendations from my girlfriends about these mesh feeders I thought I needed to give them a try with Cache. (Cache is not good at self-feeding yet. He is pretty laid back and likes his mommy to just shovel his food in and do all the work.)



Cache didn't really like them and made his "this is yucky, and i think I am going to gag face."


he tried avocado in one and banana in another. but I already knew cache doesn't like bananas b/c he doesn't like banana baby food, unless it is mixed with berries, pears or apples.

I'll have to try giving him other fruits in the mesh feeders.




He was much happier when I took the mesh feeders away. :)


On Sunday, we woke up to a snow storm. Something we felt very unprepared for, considering Curt had just gotten an awful sunburn in 80 something degree weather the afternoon before. :) Gotta love Denver weather! Only in Colorado can you get a sunburn one day and a snow storm the next. Anyways, it was exciting to see the first snow of the season. Curt was pretty annoyed b/c he was so uncomfortable with his sunburn and it was snowing outside. :) People at church were asking Curt if he went skiing on Saturday. :) I took some pictures as we were leaving Church early to go pick up Adam & Brandi. It didn't snow as much in Denver as it did in Littleton. (We live closer to the foothills. Front range of the Rockies) It didn't even snow at all out on the plains where DIA is. (the airport is 10 miles east of Denver.)


It was exciting. I put in my Jessica Simpson Christmas CD as we were driving to the airport. It felt like Christmas for a few hours so I wanted to enjoy it as much as I could, because I knew it was going to be gone the next day by lunchtime. The snow melted even sooner and was pretty much all gone by the end of Sunday night. That's the thing I love about the snow here. The snow comes and goes so quickly! (except when there are blizzards)

This week the weather has been in the 70s. :)



These are all some pictures I took while we were on our way to the airport Sunday morning.
These ones are infront of church as we were leaving.



outside the church






the same tree.


the pictures I put in another post of this tree were taken only 2 days earlier than these ones.
























when we got home from the airport the snow was already starting to melt. it really didn't last long at all and was all gone the next day.

3 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

You have snow and we're at 92 degrees. I hate Arizona : )

mad white woman said...

i was going to say in your first post it looks like you all are dressed for snow... and sure enough... snow! yeah, i'm pretty sure at the zoo today everyone was putting sunblock on and the last couple of nights we couldn't open our windows because it was too warm. lol!

Ashley Harris said...

Beautiful! I love fresh fallen snow. I don't think there is anything more beautiful that everything covered in white. I think my heaven will be lots of snow, but 75 degrees since anything less makes me too cold!