It's officially cold here in The CO.
My bald boys have to wear their beanies now. Except Cache likes to take his off and slobber all over it in the car. Good thing I don't have that problem with Curt too.
When we out to Costco last night and as we were getting ready to leave I asked Curt where his favorite beanie was. Not his favorite beanie, my favorite beanie out of the 2 he's had since we've been married. I was sadden to hear the story of what happened to my favorite beanie that he's worn every winter that we've been married. The truth was told that last year, Curt must have dropped it one day when he was getting in the car, and he was so cold he didn't want to go look for it in the snow. :( Curt said when all the snow had melted last winter, he saw the beanie in the parking lot and it was all crusty. So he didn't want it any more. :( Sad day. Curt said I guess I'll just have to get a new beanie this year. I said yeah, but you had that one since our first winter together when we were living in Spokane Valley, WA. It was more of sentimental value lost for me, than just a navy beanie. Also, I would like to mention that last year with all the blizzards and snowfall we had 61 days straight of snow on the ground in Denver. Almost broke the record of 63 days set back in the 80's. The past 2 years here in mid-October is when we've gotten the first snow fall and it could be expected that it would all be melted the following day by lunchtime. I checked my blog posts for last October, b/c I thought this was the week that we had gotten our first snow last year. I was right, but no snow yet this year. I think it's a good sign, that we won't have the awful blizzards that we did last year! I stayed inside when we had the Blizzard of '06. I didn't want to go into premature labor and that can happen with extreme drops in temperature and severe weather changes. January was the hardest for me. :) I had to waddle around in the snow, being ever so careful to not slip and fall while I was 9 months pregnant!!!! It was crazy and exhausting, esp. since I was always so hot and out of breath being extremely pregnant. The cold weather and all the snow just made me more miserable. Cache was not a planned pregnancy, b/c our pregnancy before him was. Cache was a pleasant unexpected surprise! Next time though, I want a spring, summer or fall baby!
I told Curt last night, I can NOT imagine NOT having a White Christmas since I have had one the past 4 years! The snow really adds to the warmth of the holiday spirit that's in the air during the holiday season!! I remember the weekend right before Christmas last year, Curt took me out to do some last minute holiday shopping. I knew there was A TON of snow on the ground, but when I walked outside with my big ole pregnant belly, I was STUNNED!!!!! It looked like a WINTER WONDERLAND!!! It was SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! The snow went all the way up to my thighs!!!! Curt says he doesn't remember Rexburg ever having that much snow! It's true the winter I was there was one of the worst and that's when I really got a taste of how cold cold can be. I remember walking to school and I couldn't even breathe in because my nose hairs would instantly FREEZE!!!!! It was so crazy, but so fun to look back on! Reminiscing about all my snowy days, makes me excited for the snow to come this year!!! If you want to see some pictures of last year's blizzard, check my blog archive!
He is hilarious! He is getting REALLY good at making consonant sounds! He babbles all day, "Bah Bah Bah Bah Baaaaaahhhh, Waa, Waa, Wwww, MmmmLWaaaBahBah Bah baaa."
He was talking and making these sounds while I was trying to take his picture. I practice, "Ma Ma", with him all the time. He can curl his lips in together to form the, "Mmmmuhhh", sounds. So it's a start!!!!
Cache is getting so big! TALL! He is now wearing 12-18 month onesies. Nice that he's proportional though, b/c his beanie and hats are size 12-18 months too...and he's only 8 months old!!! I had NO CLUE until I had Cache, that he'd need SO MANY clothes!!! Sheesh, it's the one expense of having a baby that I can never get over! His need for new clothes has always seemed constant! I knew that diapers would be, but I had no idea we would get a TALL boy when we are both shortys!!! I swear Cache is going to be at least a head taller than Curt when he grows up!
Some things I forgot to mention...
Curt is going on his monthly campout with the scouts tonight. They are camping in Colorado Springs at the campsite in "The Garden of the Gods". It should be a really pretty camping trip for him. I just picked up a +5 degree mummy sleeping bag for Curt this week. See when it gets that cold out, like it is now and you need a 5 degree sleeping bag to stay warm...come on now, how can that be more enjoyable than sleeping in our warm bed in our warm home with the heater on. :) That's where I'll be tonight. I'm not a girl who enjoys roughing it and camping. I am not a wilderness girl. I have to admit though, I am kinda sad I don't get to go on this camping trip. If only I were a boy scout I guess. I love the rock formations in The Garden of The Gods, so I can only imagine sleeping under them and a blanket of stars has got to be gorgeous. Maybe, that's right, just maybe we'll have to go as a family when baby Cache is a little older. It's too cold out now for baby Cache to go camping. Anyways, after Curt's campout, they are all headed to the AFA (Air Force Acacdemy) to watch the football game against Wyoming at Noon. Cache and I will probably be shopping. Our next week is BOOKED with visitors and we couldn't be more happy about it. :)
3 comments:
Those pictures are, as always, completely adorable! It's so funny that you say you want a baby in the summer, because that's what I want to avoid!!! I loved having my babies in the winter (my babies are February babies - but I'm sure you remember that Jen because you remember everything!) because I never had to deal with being big and pregnant and it being 110 degrees outside! Just goes to show you how much weather can affect some of the decisions we make.
I could look at pictures of Cache all day long : ) He is just too cute and photogenic.
Oh and BLAH to your coldness, it's still in the upper 90's here !!
Yes, the kid has to be ONE year old and 20 lbs to forward face, but that doesn't mean he can't go in the car seat before that, you just have to turn it the other way...so he can get a bigger car seat, he just can't face forward yet. That is what we had to do with both kids at 6 months!
Cute pics! Love all of Cache's facial expressions. Isaac saw his picture and was like, "is that Cache!" he was so excited.
Sweet Thoughts Left