Tuesday, September 11, 2007

3 Years ago today...

...the blending of our two lives, and our two hearts became united as one.

3 years ago today, we were sealed in the Seattle Temple.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, CURT!!!!!!!!!
I'm very grateful for the past 3 years of my life. It is such a blessing to have a family, and I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with Curt and Cache. I'm so lucky to have a husband and a son. I know too well the aches and pains of not having a family and not having people to love me no matter what. It was in my destiny to meet Curt when I did and to marry when we chose too. Although, there's one thing I hope I can get over as the years continue to go by. I hope that I will get over the fact that we were asked to make a sacrifice and get married in Seattle for the convenience of Curt's family. It's not what we wanted. Everything concerning our wedding happened really fast. (I wished someone (besides Curt!) had asked me what I had wanted!!!!! :) We were asked to move the date up two weeks to, because Curt's sister was expecting to have surgery on the original date we picked out. (she never ended up having surgery then.) My wedding wasn't all that I dreamed it to be. The only thing that was, was that I did get sealed to Curt in one of the Lord's temples. Coming from the circumstances and situations I have in life, it's understandable that things are always different for me. Never the ideal. I know there are things I have always missed out on and elements of life I will never fully get to experience joy over. That's just apart of my life. I realize though all the strength I've been given to always push forward and persevere through anything. I'm so grateful for my happiness in life, because even when joyful events do occur in my life I do feel the extra comfort from my Heavenly Father in knowing that He is pleased with me and the decisions I've made to further my life in His gospel. I'm so grateful we did get married on September 11Th, 2004.
I'm grateful for our love, Curt.
I'm grateful the gospel is the center of our family and always will be. I'm grateful Cache is our son, and has joined us in mortality. I told Cache we were married in the temple 3 years ago today. Cache smiled of course and made his squeals and squawks of excitement. I'm sure he was thinking, "I know mom. I was there. " :) (Just one of the many secrets Cache can't share with us!!!) I know Cache was there and so were our other children. I remember being so nervous about the temple, (no one took me aside and talked to me about this stuff and my feelings concerning it all), I remember being so overwhelmed with the feelings of anxiety. I remember thinking, "Oh dear, this IS such a BIG deal!!!!" I couldn't look at anyone in the sealing room except for Curt. I am glad though that I was able to feel the peace as our sealing took place and the binding of our two lives as they became one. I strongly felt the presence of our posterity in the room with us. I know future generations of our family will get to experience joy within the gospel and have opportunities of blessings it offers, because of our sealing in the House of the Lord. I'm grateful for my special and sacred memories of our sealing and the blessings it has brought into our lives. I look forward to all our tomorrows together and all the joy we get to experience within our family. Love you Curt forever and a day more!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, thank you for this. You are very special to me. The last three years have flown by so fast. Sometimes I wish the time would slow down a little! You really do make life worth living. I love you and our little family.

Leah said...

Oh Jen What a great read! I loved reading your feelings about the temple. It is such an amazing place. And Curt's comments are just too sweet! I am so glad you have each other. He is such a good husband to you and I know that you are such a good wife to him. I didn't know you were married on Sept 11? Congrats and Happy Anniversary! I hope your day is special! Hugs to you!

Kami Milliron said...

CURT - you have to know that you're married to the funniest, sweetest, most genuine and most GORGEOUS girl in the whole world, don't forget it : )

I hope you two had a great Anniversary !!

Ashley Harris said...

You two are so cute - I'm so glad we were able to attend your wedding and share that special day with you! We love you guys! Hope your day was lots of fun!