Curt is a Conservative Republican. He cares a lot about what is going on in the world around him. He is the asst. scout leader and the scout master in our ward is closely related to Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney is his uncle through marriage. Curt talks to him about Mitt Romney's campaign and what not. When Curt comes home from work he often tells me what's in the news on "The Drudge Report" which he reads online daily. We regularly watch the political shows, Hannity & Colmes, The O'Rielly Factor, and FOX news. We recently watched the Republican party's presidential candidate's debate. I have never given enough thought to politics and those sorts of things going on in the world around me. I have never had much of a political viewpoint or stance on things, so I am glad Curt and I talk about what's going on in the world of politics. We live in Colorado and it is a democratic state. The democratic convention is going to be held here in Denver, in February 2008 I think. Curt often points out how there are a lot of news stories or lack of news stories because of the democratic majority here. As I have mentioned before on here, about Curt being such a positive person. He always reminds me of the importance of positive thinking and how it's only important to worry about things I can control in my life and not to give focus to, or worry about things I don't have control over and can not change. The things we put focus on in life, are the things we give more power to.
I have been thinking about how everyday on tv I see a clip of what he said, she said arguing about what needs to be done with this and that in our country. I tend to think everything in life is a privilege and opportunity. The simple things in life, the positive things in life don't seem to get as much attention as all the negativity in the world. Where would the debate be? Curt and I were just briefly mentioning to one another how important the spirit of gratitude is. I was saying we get a lot further in life just from simply being grateful and how important it is for me to instill gratitude in Cache as he grows up. I have looked at Cache and thought about what a pure, innocent little person he is and the world he was born into. He was born into this world at a time of war, a war that's been going on for 4 years. I have thought about all the freedom I have experienced in the past 4 years during war. While I have experienced such joys in my life, such as traveling to Idaho and going to college, meeting incredible people there who have blessed my life greatly, fulfilling my dreams on Sept. 11Th, 2004 getting sealed in the Seattle Temple, living in 4 different states the past 4 years, having jobs, having struggles, having 2 pregnancies, having a beautiful baby boy...having so much! And while during these past 4 years I have experienced so much joy and happiness along with all the opposition in life, I have a lot and I always have a lot to be grateful for. On the other side of the world, in which I can only grasp the reality through pictures on the tv or internet, there are brave souls who are protecting my freedoms and joys. So many families are so courageous to serve our country, to go to war and to fight for not only what they believe in, but for what Americans believe in. I am grateful I do not have to go to war and neither does my husband. I am grateful there are people who are brave enough to serve our country and defend our rights, privileges, opportunities, and for preserving America's future for my family.
4 comments:
That is really neat Jen. It's gets me thinking. I too am to grateful to have been born in America and at this time. My hubbie loves all those shows and listens to talk radio all day long too. It's neat to think about!
jen... i love how chatty you are on your blog. :) well, when are you and curt planning on coming? you are always MORE THAN WELCOME to stay at our casa... mi casa is your casa! ha! i never took spanish, can you tell? i think i am going to san diego the 1st of june for the weekend and i will be out of town the first two weekends in july, but other than that, i should be around. let me know! love ya (and i CAN NOT WAIT to pinch cache's cheeks).
Hi You may not remmeber me... but congrats on your baby
Kristy (Chris' ex GF)
oh BTW you can email me at prettynhtpink@aol.com or get my myspace profile using that email too
Kristy
Sweet Thoughts Left