Thursday, October 19, 2006

Snow, Trees, & Leg Cramps!

Hi Friends. We got 5-6 inches of snow Tuesday. Then of course it all melted yesterday. That is Denver weather for ya. I like the snow here because it comes in spurts. :) Then it all melts usually by lunchtime the following day! :) I took these pics yesterday morning of the trees infront of our place. I just love how snow looks on trees, esp. in black and white photos.
Well I guess the only other thing to discuss is my horrible leg cramps. I wake up 10 times a night because of them. They really disturb my sleep and I have to get up out of bed because the pain gets unbearable laying there. The pain radiates down both legs and sides no matter how often I rotate laying on my sides clenching my body pillow. Just another joy of pregnancy! :) I'm sure these legs cramps will not be going away anytime soon!
I guess just like the snow...the leg cramps will come and go.
That's all for now...I'm sure I will have something to "blog" about later! Jen

3 comments:

Jennie said...

That is pretty crazy how there is snow on trees with leaves still on them! I remember that it snowed once in May when I was going to school there!!! Of course it was 70 degrees the next day!

Sorry about your leg cramps! Try extending your leg and flexing your foot (with toes towards your shin), and even though it hurts, it should help and maybe even interrupt the cramp. Don't point your toes, because that will make your calves worse. Also, you can hop out of bed and try to stand on the leg that is spasming to release it. Yep, just another fun part of pregnancy! Good luck!

Jill said...

No, I dont think you have to deal with leg cramps... It seems like my doctor said calcium would make them not happen. Maybe ask your doctor about it before you just suffer through. No harm asking, ya know?

Jill said...

Oh I dont think you have to just suffer through the leg cramps. I think you can take calcuim supplements or something to avoid the cramping. Ask your doctor about it. I think it's preventable.